[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - ATI and the latest R4's (just a mention)

ATI and the latest R4's (just a mention)

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

ATI and the latest R4's (just a mention)

Postby teleguise » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:00 am

teleguise

Postby Rovastar » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:08 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:38 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby teleguise » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:11 am

teleguise

Postby Splash » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm

Splash

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:47 pm

Postby Rovastar » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:49 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:37 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby teleguise » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:34 pm

Damn, that was a good one 'Rova(rock)star' even though you put it in BOLD I still had to scroll back to my message and see if I actually typed that or not! :lol:

(Brief ramble)
Im pretty sure I know your 'true' feelings on the matter but somebody needs to stand up and say 'Hey I think there's issues and hash them out' nothing will evolve. Your not just some 'game geek' (or maybe you are :) ) but you KNOW your SHIT which gets 'you elected' besides I wouldn't think Open GL is falling by the waist side to MS DX anytime soon which leaves either trying to get the ball rolling or add a transparency that says ' Cool Graphics Go Here, if you see this message find out what your really missing with a 'Click Here' to theotherguys.com' :)
(End Ramble)
teleguise

Postby Talesin » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 am

Whew... I go all secluded to deal with finals, and I miss three builds. :D

Most everything looks good under v13 with Catalyst 3.10, with a couple of minor exceptions (that had been happening under 3.9 with build 10). An added bonus, the issue that was slowing down Point Snakecube seems to have been fixed in the driver.

The 'Watery Tunnel' scene seems to be the only predefine that's bunged up (Textures look to be misrendering/applying somehow), and the plasma mask fades (hard and soft edge, as well as rainbow) and magic blend R4 fade either fade to black or blink to black and fade into the new scene, respectively.
The Stop fade no longer causes a crash, though the Square Twister scene is flickering like all get-out.

Similarly, almost definitely an ATI driver issue, whenever VSync is forced on the framerate cuts in half when a scene change comes up. As well, the framerate seems to drop to arbitrary values on a number of scenes.. the Chessmania series reliably sticking at around 40fps, and shooting up well over 120fps when VSync is turned off.

Definitely looking good; especially love the new overlay modes.
Talesin

Postby Splash » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:26 pm

As a note, I have a nice new Chaintech GeForceFX 5200 128m in the mail on it's way here. I'm looking forward to throwing R4 at it :D
Splash

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:32 pm

good man. hopefully the FX will be pretty bug-free :p

I'd forgotten about the Mask - that really sucks. I may try and do a non-multitexture version of mask - i could do a radial blur while i'm at it i guess.

And the water tunnel scene was a mistake - it shouldn't have been in the distro :)

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Talesin » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:15 pm

New plasma masks and magic R4 seem to be working just fine in v14 (though you left the 'watery tunnel' scene in the ATI-safe distro again. ;)).

Oh, and just noticed the 'Sound Check' overlay. Regardless of if there's music or not, it pops up a 'No sound detected' graphic for a split second, which fades out a second or so later. Can only assume it's supposed to fade out if it detects sound... so might be picking up a little bit of static from the sound card when the music's off.

As well, the 'net control' pages seem to be pretty dead; the pages look to have gotten mis-parsed both under Mozilla and IE. After poking around, tried the telnet login with R4<enter>, but it didn't seem to be listening to terminal commands either.

(Oop.. and just noticed that the new Slimetunnel preset appears to be a bit off; there's no scene screenshot to compare against though.)
Talesin

Slime Tunnel

Postby teleguise » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:28 am

Best I can tell 'slime tunnel' looks the same. Actually the ATI version looks better :), most likely due to the fact that its on a bigger/better screen otherwise identical.

So not sure exactly what might look off... Could be cuz your cards tooo fast 'Talesin' since Im only getting 30-45fps full screen :(
teleguise

Postby Talesin » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:38 am

Just seems to be the same thing that's been happening all over... weird texturing artifacts. Generally minor stuff, but noticable if you're looking for it. Seems to happen in all of the tunnels (though not the biotunnels), that there are certain points that 'snap' back to full value. Like the textures are a gradiant, when it snaps from the end of the grade to the strongest point.

Tempted to just buy Gordon a R9200 and ship it over to him.. they're about thirty bucks off the shelf, and would simplify testing a lot. :D

Hmm. If speed might be the cause, I'm tempted to manually set R4 to 1600x1200 with 6xFSAA and 16x Aniso. See if that'll chug it enough. But with most scenes popping along happily upward of 200-300fps with vsync off (and some hammering at the RAMDAC frequency.. 500 or 600fps), I dunno how effective it'd be. :b
Talesin

Next

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems