[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4 v0.17

R4 v0.17

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 v0.17

Postby Talesin » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:31 pm

Seems like the lock bug is still there... have no idea what's causing this, if it might be a particular scene or fader, or possibly R4 managing to mung up some texture memory that the Radeons use to store the desktop or somesuch.
In any case, after swapping to fullscreen, any attempt to switch back to windowed mode or exit the program results in screen-garbage that's clearly R4 in nature... specifically, the font table. Doesn't appear that the Radeon thinks it crashed, as the GPU recover doesn't kick in. System remains responsive, though 'blind' operation is neccessary to shut down and restat safely.

On the up side, at least for the last couple of run-throughs, no slowdown was noticed on transitions except when allocating new pbuffers.. which was a freeze of 1-5 seconds. :b

REALLY getting tempted to just grab a R9200 Pro and ship it over to you, Gordon.. that or pick up a cheapass GF3 (if I can find one).
Talesin

Postby teleguise » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:33 am

teleguise

Postby teleguise » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:51 am

teleguise

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:29 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

0v18 info

Postby teleguise » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:52 am

teleguise

Postby Talesin » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:25 am

Talesin

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:58 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Talesin » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:38 pm

Talesin

Postby teleguise » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:13 am

teleguise

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:21 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Talesin » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:05 am

Talesin

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:33 pm

ok. i'm not sure why the FPS graph would be flat. The impression i got from triple-buffers was as i mentioned before - its how all previous things i've seen have worked. What was the framerate at? and did the scenes run normal speed, or were they extra fast?

As i explained before though, R4 doesn't wait for vsync for each scene while rendering. If it did, the framerate would be 1/3 (since the fade is a scene too) not 1/2, and just adding an overlay would instantly halve it too. I also know exactly what the R4 code is and all it does is try to get the *metered* framerate constant. That is, what you see in the top-left is what it uses to keep a constant rate. I hasten to add that its fine on my PC too. with any kind of vsync.

The problem is probably task scheduling, but its not R4 based. Probably what happens is R4 loops, waiting for the correct time and asking windows for messages, but windows detects its being asked for messages very often and so gives R4 a lower priority. When R4 does go to do something complex it doesn't have enough CPU time for it, and windows doesn't change back quick enough.

Also... 2048x2048 pbuffers on 1600x1200 is actually quite stupid. If it fails or crashes, or does anything at all odd when the pbuffers are above 512x256 then i really don't want to know :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Talesin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:13 pm

Talesin

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:56 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby teleguise » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:35 pm

I knew I saw it... That darn combined 3d menu screwin w/me again. I need to hack that default to Open GL!

I take a look later and see what if anything changes w/R4.

(Talesin)
Update:> That combined menu bugged me for the last time, if interested you can change it back to Old Skool w/seperated tabs off the advanced menu simply change:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0001\
Binary value '3D' from a 01 to 00
Last edited by teleguise on Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teleguise

Next

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems