Varying R4 performance

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Varying R4 performance

Postby Cizo » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:32 pm

Hey guys i had a bit of a hunt b4 i posted, couldnt find anything relevant. Apologies if this is a repost. Firstly R4 is an unbeleiveable program, keep up the good work!!!

My specs firstly
AMD Athlon 2600+
+1Gig Ram
NVDIA Geforce 4 mX 128mb
shit loads of HD space

My problem basically is that R4 can run with about 3 other programs (in standalone or with the winap plugin) and get 60-70fps no worries

But it seems as if a select few visualizations seem to send it nuts. It slows to about 10-15 fps, and the sound from winamp (regardless of plugin or not) plays at a reduced speed with a crackling type of interference. It might happen every 20 scenes. Just a bit phased by it all, if anyone could make some suggestions it would be very much appreciated

Cheers
Cizo :)
Cizo

Postby ..i » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:51 pm

I don't think there should be any slowdown of music, but your graphics card looks like it's the root of your low FPS problems.

I used to have a geforce MX and like you when some scenes came on the FPS would drop dramatically.

I'd wait for an answer from Gordon, but I can't explain the music slowdown problems, I used to have a similiar spec but with 512mb ram and I didn't encounter the music slowdown problems you mention.

What geforce drivers are you using?

edit: If you're using Direct Sound in winamp try switching to waveOut instead.
..i

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems