[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Error when starting R4

Error when starting R4

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:44 pm

its unlikely. I think the log is created first thing. The only thing that could stop it is if the R4.exe file itself is corrupt.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:47 pm

this is the only thing that was in that file after it crashed....
"|)
|\4
R4 LOG FILE
>H:\R4\WaveIn.cpp:122>Started []
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:40>Loading OpenGL Extensions... []

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:18 pm

any ideas what that means?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:20 pm

where ar ethe extensions stored at, because that is where it freezes, when loading the extensions...

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:33 am

Thats really odd. The extensions are part of OpenGL, and shouldn't cause a problem - i'll have a look at my code but if i remember right there was hardly anything in it.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:04 am

Right. Try downloading v0.07 - It may have the problem fixed.

If you're interested:
to print out the extensions that are supported, R4 scans the extension string, and replaces space characters with 0 then prints the string, setting them back after. This shouldn't be an issue, except you can bet that some manufacturers put the string in protected memory spaces, which makes windows stop R4 with a memory access error, even though it wasn't doing any harm.

Serves me right for doing such a hacky thing :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:42 pm

aight check this out just d/led .07 and this is the new error i get...
"!h:\r4\r4glext.cpp:125>wgl_arb_render_texture extension was not found"
any ideas?

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:52 pm

Hmm. Can you post the contents of the log file, like you did previously? A GeForce 4 420 should have the extension, there's some info on what it supports here:

and it looks like the card should support it, and R4 *should* have found the extension :-/
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:11 pm

here ya go...

|\4
R4 LOG FILE
>H:\R4\WaveIn.cpp:122>Started []
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:94>GL_VENDOR [NVIDIA Corporation]
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:95>GL_RENDERER [GeForce4 420 Go/AGP/SSE2]
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:96>GL_VERSION [1.3.1]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:40>Loading OpenGL Extensions... []
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_extensions_string]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:73>WGL Extension Strings []
!H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:125>WGL_ARB_render_texture extension was not found []

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:23 pm

Are you sure you've installed the latest drivers? I just put the new version off the NVidia site on my PC, and the OpenGL version is 1.4.0 (as shown in the log file).

Looking at delphi3d again, version 1.3.1 didn't have the render texture extension, so that would probably explain a lot.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:23 pm

i didn't see wgl_arb texture on that list on the above web site...

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:25 pm

well i downloaded the latest driver off teh help and support site for my toshiba lap top is there another way i can check to see or just install the support for wgl_arb texture

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 pm

WGL extensions :
WGL_ARB_buffer_region
WGL_ARB_extensions_string
WGL_ARB_pbuffer
WGL_ARB_pixel_format
WGL_ARB_render_texture
WGL_EXT_extensions_string
WGL_EXT_swap_control
WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle

its down the bottom just above Implementation specifics
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:27 pm

ahh. try installing the standard NVidia driver instead of the toshiba one. you can get it from www.nvidia.com

third partys are always behind nvidia when it comes to which version they distribute
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:48 pm

downloaded the driver from n vidia.com or at leaste the driver that best matched my card, and still has the same error as before, listed above...

PreviousNext

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems