[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Error when starting R4

Error when starting R4

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Postby flycore » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:36 pm

flycore

Postby Rovastar » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:28 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:03 pm

Next time it happens, click details, and see what XP thinks has crashed. If it is something like nvogl.dll upgrade your video drivers - there was some kindof bug in earlier NVidia drivers. If it says atisomething then thats probably a problem with ATI's OpenGL.

However, if under details it says R4.exe, or rabidhamster.dll then thats probably an issue with R4, and could you Zip up and e-mail the log file (log.txt) to logs(at)rabidhamster.org?

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby flycore » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:24 pm

i tried to copy all the data and it won't let m ehigh light it to copy it... man i desperately want to get this going because i cant use r2 the way i want to. i would like to use the visuals for a band that means i need a line in to record teh sound that the band is making to make the visuals work to the beat but my laptop only has amic in and either way winamp won't record. here are my specs i have tried updating teh bios, video drivers etc etc everything and still keep getting the same error when i dbl click on teh icon to start r4
toshiba satelite pro 6100
n vidia ge force4 420 go video card
p 4 1.8 gig
60 gig drive
256 mb ram
this is about the only thing i can copy from teh error report
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER35.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt
flycore

Postby Rovastar » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:39 pm

R4 is a Beta and not finished yet. You really should be using anything you need so badly on a beta product.

Anyway R4 0.004 Beta is not designed for that sort of public performance at the moment.

I don't understand though you are trying to 'record' the sound and do teh visuals at the same time.

So start from beginning does it work for playing normal music without the added complication of the line in.

You cannot hightlight the data in the R4Beta\data\log.txt??!?

What soundcard do you have and what drivers are running?
Rovastar

Postby flycore » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:48 pm

no i am not trying to record any sound at all i just need a source of the music being played so that the visuals will follow along with the music and look like they are part of the beat etc. and the only way i can do that is use the mic in as my source as a pose to using the music say being played from win amp. i tried it with r2 and couldnt get win amp to accept mic in as a source so that is why i am so intereste din r4 it looks like it is totally seperate from win amp.
flycore

Postby Rovastar » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:05 pm

a) Right so does R4 work without the live mic (playing normal mp3, etc) or not?

b) For mic/line in does his help http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=64973
for using WA plugins.
Rovastar

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:10 pm

no r4 starts to load and then freezes and asks if i want to send the error message to microsoft?
ps thanks alot for the help here!

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:57 pm

R4 probably comes up with an error because you don't have the latest drivers for your video card.

As long as you set your sound card to record from microphone via the windows volume control you should be fine with R4 (as long as it doesn't crash :).

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby flycore » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:14 pm

i downloaded the latest drivers for my video and bios and same deal.. in another post someone had the same problem and just made the .exe win 2k compataible and it worked for the m but i tried that and no go... please help
flycore

Postby teleguise » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:50 am

When it happens click details and LOOK at the message, WRITE down what FILE NAME is causing the error and POST it.

ONLY if it says (R4.exe or rabidhamster.dll) would the log located in the R4 directory be needed.
teleguise

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:17 pm

error:= app name = r4.exe app ver = 0.0.0.0 mod name = r4.exe offset: 00004ec4
doe sthis help?

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:46 pm

kindof.
It means its my fault :(
could you zip up and e-mail me the log file (data/log.txt)
e-mail to logs(at)rabidhamster.org

thanks,
- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:09 pm

i tried to find it and can't find the text anywhere. where would i find it and i will send it to you

Postby teleguise » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:46 pm

teleguise

PreviousNext

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems