[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Error when starting R4

Error when starting R4

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:01 pm

With the same OpenGL version?
I'm afraid there isn't much else i can do then. Someone has had version 1.4.0 of OpenGL on a Geforce 4 420 graphics card, so NVidia must do a driver somewhere that works fine.

As i understand it, OpenGL version 1.4 has been out for some time - i think i've used it for over a year. You should be able to install version 45.23 on your laptop.

-Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:41 pm

The nvidia Gforce mobile Go cards have always been really bad for driver support. I quite like nVidia but not for their laptop cards.

Aren't most/all Go's OEM's? So it is up to the Toshiba then.....:(

Try

www.driverguide.com

WHich is teh best resource I have used for drivers

Username: Drivers
Password: All
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:47 pm

I think they're all OEM - but you'd think the standard NVidia drivers would work - i mean they go with anything, even old TNT cards.

Cheers for the link. might be handy for me :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:52 pm

The know for months and months the Go cards didn't work under the nvida package od drivers. You had to have a seperate download. Sad but true. :(
Rovastar

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:18 pm

getting closer it loads and runs fo ra couple of seconds and then crashes... here is teh last few lines in the log

">H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:81> done. []
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:24>loading texture [ui/window_?.png]
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:39> multiple textures... []
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:45> loading... []
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:58> combining... []
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:81> done. []
>H:\R4\Sequencer.cpp:28>New Current Scene [null]
>H:\R4\ListTex.cpp:24>loading texture [ui/r4cube.jpg]
>H:\R4\Sequencer.cpp:81>Fader Started [Squish]
>H:\R4\Sequencer.cpp:40>New Scene [Boxey]
>H:\R4\ListRenderTex.cpp:33>Adding Renderable Texture []

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:55 pm

:) no prob. go and set the renderable texture size to 512x256. if that doesn't work try 256x256.

to do that, go to the menu, then 'settings' then 'screen settings' then 'pbuffer width/height'. It may help to choose 'lock scene' from the menu first to stop scenes from crashing R4. so width=512, height=256.
hope that helps you.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:19 am

The standard NVIDIA driver cannot be installed on laptops. But there's a way to get around it. Check out this page

goto the section "Support for GF4Go, GF-FX Go "

Here's another page with more driver versions

Chris

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:47 pm

k i am getting there and thank you very much for your patience, it worked fine until i toggeled to full screne mode and then crashed... also how do i add text like in r2 and how do i pull it up once i write it?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:49 pm

ps will i have to change these settings each time i restart the program?

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:36 pm

you shouldn't have to change the settings - they should be saved automatically.

There is no text announcement in R4 yet, but you could make an image with the text on and make a custom scene with it in. To bring it up would be tricky at the moment because you'd have to go to the menu. Hopefully i'll come up with some key binding system like R2e soon.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:05 pm

excellent let me know when you have an announcement please as i really liek that feature!
ps how do i make custome scenes?

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:10 pm

I'm afraid there isn't much there at the moment. However that and looking at the existing custom scenes may help you.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:48 pm

are custome scenes available for r2 and if i copied the visuals from r4 into the r2 folder would i then see the new visuals made for r4?

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:08 pm

There are one or two scenes for r2e available from the r2e site on the old messageboard. I'm afraid r2 and r4 are completely different - neither will view each other's scenes (apart from coping r2e static point morph files to r4 - but r4 has all of r2's anyway).

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:27 pm

Ok, ive not bothered to read through the previous postings, but is there any way to rectify this?
If this is the n'th time you've explained the solution then just put a link for it on ya homepage 8)

|)
|\4
R4 LOG FILE
>H:\R4\WaveIn.cpp:122>Started []
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:94>GL_VENDOR [NVIDIA Corporation]
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:95>GL_RENDERER [GeForce2 MX/AGP/3DNOW!]
>H:\R4\R4.cpp:96>GL_VERSION [1.3.0]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:40>Loading OpenGL Extensions... []
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_extensions_string]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:67>WGL Extension Strings [WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control]
>H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:73>WGL Extension Strings []
!H:\R4\R4GlExt.cpp:125>WGL_ARB_render_texture extension was not found []

PreviousNext

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems