[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - How do I?

How do I?

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

How do I?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:34 am

First let me say I am a great fan of R2E and that R4 looks like it's going to be much much better.
As R4 is still a Beta it may just be that these bits arnt done yet or it's just me being thick, but is there any way to get it running full screen at the moment not just a screen filling window? and after looking at some of extra scenes I thought I would try to put some in, but have no clue as to how to do this, as when you click on the download it just comes up with what I assume are the parameters for the scene and I have no idea how to use them.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:07 am

Never mind, after some random prodding of my keyboard I found what I needed to know, however it does seem to crash if you attempt to do anything else while it's loading.

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:53 pm

ESC for the menu?
What do you do that makes it crash? I just tried prodding keys and can't seem to get it to die while loading.

I should probably document stuff a bit better :) to add/change custom scenes, you need to modify the files in the data/predefines directory.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:06 pm

It looks like it only does it when starting up in windowed mode or when switching from full screen to windowed, if for example I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode as R4 is re-loading any attempt to do anything else such as change music track or use another app makes it crash, the window simply turns white and stops responding, the same thing happens to my friends but he he says it only happens when the windows are touching each other.
Not a big problem though.
Top visuals! :D

Nice car, my mate built somethting similar using a suxuki gsxr 1300 engine, very fast, great handling cars those things.

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:31 pm

Cheers. It does go well :) Absolultely amazing when its sunny, not so great in rain, and seriously painful in hail :wink: Quite a few cars could beat it on performance, but i seriously doubt many are more fun.

I've noticed you can make R4's screen go white when its loading. This doesn't seem to mean its crashed though. Infact if you leave it for a while (the normal time it takes to load) it should all be fine.

Can you let me know if this is it, or if it really does crash properly?
If it does, whats your OS, Video and Sound card?

cheers,
- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:29 pm

Yes it dosent actually crash when the screen goes white it just looks like it, after reading your reply I tryed it a few time but just left it insted of closing it and it continued loading it just had a white "crashed" looking window for the remainder of the load.
What made me think it had crashed was that if while it was white you right clicked on the tab in the windows start bar to close it, it comes up with the "programme has stopped responding" notice, but it's obviously not too serious if it's still working.

keep up the top work and get you and your car to a track day it's the best thing you'll ever do in a car. :D (almost)

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems