[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - cpu usage

cpu usage

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

cpu usage

Postby Mediabuster » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:15 pm

Hi,
i just wanted to ask whether its usual that when starting R4, the cpu usage goes up to 100%. I'm using the actual version of R4, got the latest drivers for my radeon 9800pro card and i think 2 ghz and 768 mb ddr should be enough. :wink:
By the way, the performance of R4 is fine, about 60 fps, using a resolution of 1024x768.

After reading some board topics, i already deactivated my antivirus program, but the cpu is still on 100%. So it takes e.g. a very long time to open the firefox browser, the taskbar and simple stuff like that and this is what makes me a bit "unhappy".

So please tell me if i can do something to fix that prob or whether that is -maybe- just "normal"

thanks a lot for answering :)

PS: I'm using two monitors: the first shows windows, winamp etc, the second one shows fullscreen R4
Mediabuster

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:45 pm

ok guy, i have a athlon xp2200+ with 1 gig of ram and my cpu load is also full for r4 most of time, the antivirus at max. just makes troubles on startup by checking each file loaded... either uninstall or disclose r4 (and if used footage) folder from scanning... i encountered this problem with bitdefender i.s. 8 and 9 i dont think to upgrade cpu will do much difference in cpu load, but in performance of r4...
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:58 pm

There's a 'sleep each frane' option in newer R4s - can't remember the exact name, but pretty sure it has 'sleep' in it. Turn that to any value except 0 and your CPU usage will go down massively. It might be on by default in newer R4s though

btw - might need a restart
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby GioGio » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:14 pm

It's in "Settings" --> "System" --> "Frame Sleep Time"

If you set the value too high, you get logically a low framerate..
GioGio

cpu usage

Postby dummy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:36 pm

dummy

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:44 am

R4 isn't SMP capable, so don't know how it manages that.
I'd think the 100% CPU is an NVidia driver issue - NVidia never did it, but ATI did. Have you got vsync turned on?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby dummy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:15 am

dummy

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems