[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 1st Error w/the nVidia card

1st Error w/the nVidia card

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

1st Error w/the nVidia card

Postby teleguise » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:44 pm

!H:\R4\R4.cpp:306>rendering error,current=data/predefine Waterbubble.r4, next =data/prefefine Water_pmorph.r4,fade=data predefine/fadeblur.r4 [open gl error gl out of memory [cmodule:render cache (mix)]]

This happened 2x's using 0v08 after running windowed for some time then switching to fullscreen.

I gather nothing critical just thought I would mention it since I never saw a post about an out of memory error being displayed.

Is this what the Ati card(s) should do when they run out of memory instead of crash?
teleguise

Postby Rovastar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:49 pm

Does this happen every timne with this combination of scenes & that fader.

To test strip out all the predefines except those 2 scene and leave in just that fade. Sounds like it was doing too much and eating the memory :) I might try this combo later with my Ti4200 64mb.

True a more graceful message (or no message) would be ideal.
Rovastar

Postby teleguise » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:50 pm

teleguise

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:11 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:55 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:10 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby teleguise » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:41 pm

Been playing w/0v10 for what seems like 48hrs straight and not a hiccup!

I've just been 'mesmerized' by the new scenes/fades. Hats off to Chris & Rovastar (of course you too Mr. R4).
I hope to be able to spend some time and learn some more from the scripts. I've dabbled a little although it seems like every time I ALMOST figure one routine out you come out w/a new version and Add all this other cool stuff that I want to play with :)

In the interim i'll see which one I can make 0v10 crash first, the nVidia or the ATI :). Ive been using 1024x768 - 512x256.

(Just remembered I need to throw the (problem) water scenes in the 0v10 directory...)

.... Well I take that back...First swap to Window mode after a longggg run of R4 resulted in

!H:\R4\R4.cpp:324>Rendering Error, current = data/predefine/rgbmedusa.r4, next = data/prefedine/liquid.r4, fade = data/predefine/fadeSwirl.r4 [OpenGL Error GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY [CModule::render (BUFSAVE)]]

Not sure if you explained this before but.. Why is it that each time you swap full/window mode it has to scan all the predefines again? Cant it just switch and go?
teleguise

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems