[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Still Logitech related but thought a new thread was in order

Still Logitech related but thought a new thread was in order

Dealing with problems with R2Extreme

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Still Logitech related but thought a new thread was in order

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:16 am

Since now there are actually two reasons (I should probably just disable the visuals :) ) this whole Logitech OSD/visual thing has been making go on a tangent.. The other actually because I wanted to change the DARN Lime/Green Text to BLUE so I've been trying to reverse engineer the driver looking for the COLOR designation. I found they use Reg Entries for a lot of things but not that.

Now you really think I am nuts, huh..

Tried PEexploring, APImonitoring and Spy&Capture but no such luck.You mentioned plain Windows is the method probably used.. Since its not a dialog box or straight text output, do you have any idea what method/function it could be?

Ok technically this should read ATI/OpenGl/Logitech problems

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:33 pm

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:24 pm

Heh. well, I've never actually used any of the APIs for transparent windows so i'm not sure. It might be best to look for DrawText, TextOut and DrawTextEx APIs. But... if they use the Visual C++ MFC DLL it may go through that and you'll have a very hard time finding it :(

It might be helpful to check for a call to SetTextColor too. I wonder if you use SoftIce whether you can stop the application any time that is called, and you might be able to get to the right place. I take it you've tried seraching for $0000FF00 and $FF00FF00? I guess there could be quite a few of them ;)

The other option, which would be truly cool, and probably just as much work, is to buy a Blue LCD () and maybe backlight it blue, use the Parallel port driver DLL you can get for them from somewhere, and then proceed to write your own Logitech iTouch program, because i'm sure all you have to do is trap certain keycodes.

And then... you get a very cool, BLUE LCD telling you exactly what you pressed, as well as possibly free memory, CPU usage/temp etc. Infact i'm pretty sure someone has already made a program for this, but just without the iTouch bit.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby teleguise » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:28 am

First off let me say Thanks so much for all your time and suggestions... I know none if this is really R2 related. Well actually it is..because if I didnt like your visuals soooo much I wouldnt have these problems :)

To answer your ? Yes, theres tons of the RGB values, tried changing a few based on some of the code around it, figuring I might get lucky :) but no such luck :(
I also thought it might use the Windows 16 Color palette #'s but searching for a single $09 or $0a obviously isn't an option either.

Where you making something for yourself like a SLIMP3 with that display??

Heres a couple others
and the ULTIMATE ONE

You know since you do own one of those spiffy Logitech keyboards I figured you already would have RE-written the driver.. I guess you COULD make a SPECIAL version of R2/R4 for yourself (and me :)) that trap and pass those keycodes, you already have the WinAmp ones setup.

I guess in the meantime, since I didnt know what API/Calls to look for, I will try your suggestions and see how I make out.

Thanks Again!
-tGUISE
teleguise

GUESS WHAT!

Postby teleguise » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:01 am

Well, 48hrs passed and I didnt hear any news on those Logitech drivers you were writing. :)

So I figured I would take a little time today and look into those suggestions of yours, particularly the usage of the 'MFC DLL'. Since I never explored that possibility. Well, there is probably a few hundred calls to it. BUT... you were almost right about being hard to find... I figured I would search for the RGB values combine with a call to the MFC DLL.

And thanks to YOU, the rest is all history .. I FOUND IT instantly!!!!!!

MFC42.DLL:540
teleguise

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:21 pm

Cool. So we're going to see a hacked blue version of the Logitech iTouch thing soon?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R2/Extreme problems