[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Mac version?

Mac version?

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Mac version?

Postby Simon » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:48 am

Simon

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:43 pm

I'm considering an SDL port. This would mean (hopefully) that it would be compatible with MacOS and Linux - although i have no way to test it.

Do you know what kind of graphics card your mac contains? Last one i heard of was GeForce 3, but i guess they've changed now?

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Splash » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:06 pm

Splash

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:12 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Great

Postby Sice1 » Mon May 31, 2004 9:38 pm

Good to hear that, it's nice to know you are considering it because short of waiting until Virtual PC 7 arrives for my G5 I won't be able to use it :-(. I think R4 is amazing so I will wait patiently :-).

Just for the record the standard configurations of the Power Mac G5 come with the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra or the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, both with 64MB of video SDRAM.
Cheers,

Sice
Sice1

Postby photonmike » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:05 pm

OSX Version would be absolutely fantastic!!!!

:D :D :D
photonmike

Linux Version Now!

Postby SpanishGirl » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:48 am

I'm waiting for a Linux version, it would be great!
SpanishGirl

GFX card

Postby Androktasie » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:50 pm

Let's not forget some of the others, eh? I'm using a Geforce 4Ti 4600 in my mac and would love to see this plugin. If ye need a beta tester email me.

thetwig at adelphia dot net
Androktasie

Postby ephica » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:10 pm

ephica

OSX (Mac)

Postby Tijnie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:54 pm

Hi RabidHamster,
I Would love to know how it's going with R4 for mac..
cause i cant wait to use it on my iBook my specs are:

800mhz G3 Proc
640 Ram

And i dont understand the type of video card but this it what it says:
ATY, RageM7 32MB

Please let me hear..
Btw i olso can compile stuff with Xcode i have
Thx Tijnie
Tijnie

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:11 pm

Hi. thanks for the info everyone. Its definitely tempting.
If anyone has any info on how easy/hard it is to get sound data from the sound card in MacOS it'd be handy.

I haven't got a mac to use, so if I did do something it would be on my gf's iBook. However the ATI Rage graphics card sounds like it might not be powerful enough for R4 - I haven't seen any benchmarks though.

Linux support is higher on my list at the moment though. I'm starting to write a new set of visuals on both Windows and Linux, and hopefully when I get that working I will use the code to port R4 across. Shortly after that MacOS may follow...
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby frisco » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:16 pm

Congrats on the awesome visualizers that you make!

I also know many Mac users who would buy this in a second. Please keep us OS X users in mind.

There is no way Virtual PC will be able to handle this visualizer.

R4 almost makes me want to use a PC, well not quite :) lol

Take care,

John Frisco
frisco

Postby crazzyeddie » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:19 pm

Most recent portable Macs use the Radeon 7500 or higher, while desktops use the Radeon 9000 or higher, all with 4x AGP or higher.

Nvidia cards used in any Macs are going to be GF2MX in some older Powermacs or GF4MX in more recent iMacs and 12" Powerbook. Hope this helps :)
crazzyeddie

R4 for iTunes

Postby Dester_Wallaboo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:19 pm

Oh yeah..... would TOTALLY love this visualizer on iTunes for the Mac and PC!

Just for technical info... the Macs have everything from (oldest machines to newest) the ATI Rage Pro, ATI Rage 128, GeForce2MX, GeForce2, Radeon 7200, Radeon 7500, GeForce3, GeForce4, Radeon 8000, Radeon 8500, GeForce5, Radeon 9000, Radeon 9200, Radeon 9700, Radeon 9600, Radeon 9800, GeForce 6800, and (very shortly) the Radeon X800 and X850.

They include most of the flavors of each type of card like the XT's, Pro's, Titaniums, etc.

I'm running the Radeon 9800 Pro on my dual G5, but will upgrading to the X850 as soon as that baby ships.
Dester_Wallaboo

one other thing

Postby Dester_Wallaboo » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:22 pm

oh.... you may be able to bum an iMac G5 from Apple.... especially since iTunes is their sweetheart these days.
Dester_Wallaboo

Next

Return to R4