[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - I would purchace a full licences. But unfortunatly...

I would purchace a full licences. But unfortunatly...

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

I would purchace a full licences. But unfortunatly...

Postby dangerous_dom » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:37 pm

Great visuals guys. I ocationaly do visuals for parties and clubs. But the lack of multi monitor support really lets this down. I would purchace a full licence right now if I could have one monitor/protector running the visuals and another running the config. I don't won't to leave it running all night. I would like to enter messages, chance visuals software etc without this being displayed and interrupting the show. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR NO.1 PRIORITY if you want real sucess. Geiss has managed it with geiss 2, smoke and milk drop. Thats why they will be number one until you add multimon support. Sorry! I would love to use this commercially, but I can't yet
dangerous_dom

Postby Splash » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:44 am

Actually, there is web support, which if you don't have multimonitor, you can do such over the network, with perhaps a laptop or somesuch.. or if you do have multimonitor, just run the browser in the other monitor.
Splash

Postby Rovastar » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:52 am

Like splash says there are was around it.

Personally I don't bother even with the network mode. I run everything full screen and have keyboard shortcuts prgrammed in for messages, scenes I like. But then again I often only use it for a few hours at a time for shows, etc.

But further looking into multimon will be done. I want to look into it myself at some point. OPenGl can do I know.

But above all it is a visualization not a peice of VJ software. Visualization are designed to plugin in and play with no user interventation.

There are many things for REAL success and to be honest there are a couple of things above multimon IMHO. :);)
Rovastar

Postby Splash » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:43 pm

I do know of at least two professional show groups in California who use R4 for their shows. So I'm curious what you consider to be success?
Splash

Postby Dangerous_Dom » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:13 pm

Dangerous_Dom

Telnet Controller for Touchscreen

Postby Georgeous » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:34 am

I never realised these forums were here until recently. Maybe I have a solution to your problems; a colleage and I have developed a controller for R4, that sits on another machine, connects via telnet and relaysd commands. All the buttoms can be drag-and-dropped onto; there is a tap tempo advance, timer advance, and many more features. It'sd a work in progress, but comments would be appreciated.

Georgeous

Apologies, here is a working link to the screen shot

Postby Georgeous » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:37 am

Georgeous

Re: Telnet Controller for Touchscreen

Postby ..i » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:18 pm

..i

Postby Splash » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:07 pm

Splash

Postby Clayduck » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:53 am

-Clayton Brickert
~R4 Support Team~
Clayduck

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:49 pm

The controller looks neat. Keep me updated on how you're doing - if you have a site i'll link it from the R4 page.

As for multi-mon, its very usable. Just put R4 fullscreen (set Windows to use your 2nd monitopr as primary so you have the taskbar on the opposite one to R4). Then enable network support and put internet explorer on the other screen and dial into R4. Sorted.

So how do you want to register? :twisted:

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Georgeous » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:57 pm

Georgeous

Postby Splash » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:19 pm

Splash

Postby ..i » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:59 pm

..i

Return to R4