[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - What devices can i use vidcap with?

What devices can i use vidcap with?

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

What devices can i use vidcap with?

Postby Martin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:25 pm

I was hoping to be able to use my radeon 9700 all in wonder that i have in my computer as the video capture source for r4.. I have no other video capture devices plugged into the computer, and when i enable the vidcap scenes in r4, and restart it, tells me there is no device available or that its in use..

I noticed the message box which comes up mentions direct show, so, searching for other programs which use directshow and capture video (a c# sample), they work fine with this source..

Can anyone simply confirm its impossible to use this device, or tell me how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Martin
Martin

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Hmm. You need WDM video capture drivers, however if other apps work i'm not sure. Its possible you have another video capture driver in for something else, so it isn't the first driver R4 picks up.

I'm re-vamping the video input anyway, so hopefully this will all get fixed soon.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Splash » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:48 pm

Actually, what would be really redicously cool, is taking firewire-in as a video source. Most MiniDV cameras will do a live video stream in camera mode over firewire and the quality is pretty much unbeatable when it comes to standard video signals.

Just something that'd be really cool =D

Having a way to switch between multiple sources would be wonderful, as well..
Splash

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:26 pm

Well, if the camera has a WDM driver that runs on the firewire it should do that already. The interlacing may look a bit odd though (but maybe you can stop that).

The redux of vidcap should merge it and the AVI video playback so that there's a nice module that does everything, including maybe some live effects on the video.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

holy smokes

Postby newbie user » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:26 am

I've been trying to figure out what the vidcap actually did. Then i realized that my old intel play microscope was showing the computer room in the r4 window. I was really surprised. Anywho, i thought that was pretty cool.
newbie user

Postby DJ Chiro » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:30 am

DJ Chiro

ASUS VIVO doesn´t work with R4

Postby HS » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:36 pm

I have an Asus V8200 series graphics card with video-in option. The WDM-driver is installed and works with other programs. Unfortunately I get an error-message when I try to use it as vidcap device for R4 (Direct show error, could not render..).
Ist there a hint or a solution for my problem?
HS

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:05 pm

You may have more than one driver installed. For instance, you might have a webcam, but its not plugged in. At the moment R4 only uses the first available Video capture device, so you may need to disable other drivers to get it to work.

Also, I had video-in on my Geforce 3. That refuses to work unless there is video coming in at that moment in time. You may also need to run something beforehand to configure your card to use the right video input.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:45 pm

I have only one device and one wdm driver installed. I also tried starting R4 with the video signal already on. It simply doesn´t work. I always get the DirectShow error message. Any other ideas?

Postby HS » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:17 am

HS

Return to R4