[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4 web interface alternative.

R4 web interface alternative.

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 web interface alternative.

Postby stanna » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:00 pm

hello. this is basicly a beta or preview version of what i am working on for R4 web administration interface. to the novice user you probably would not notice much if any difference, but im working on making it all css. making it easier for users to modify the colours & basic layout elements. also leaving it open for a possibly skin/theme style engine. included in this zip are all of the html files required for it to work just like normal, also with the missin winamp control files.

i must insist you take a backup of your original "\R4\data\webroot" directory and all sub dirs under than before trying this. also remember i do not take any responsibility if this damages your R4, your computer, your brain or anything effected by using this!! this is purely for use at your own risk!! so please be very careful. i do not forsee any major dramas unless you are of dimished brain copacity. so please take it slow and easy. :)

this is not a final product, this is not official, this is just something i have been doing in my spare time for fun. i doubt it will continue beyond this point, but basicly im an idiot and hate frames. i dont know much about them, nor do i like them. but i am slowly working on it when i can. i will also release a complete rework of the interface, different colours, layout and the like.. spare time isnt really on my side at the moment.. but im hoping to have something to show everybody by the end of the week.

good luck.. and again thanks for R4.. its the greatest!

p.s i guess this would mainly be for you hampster!! check it out and let me know what you think.

im batman
stanna

Postby stanna » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:23 am

i have made some alterations to the original html files, giving it a different colour scheme.. i was hoping to do more, but i think there needs to be some changes to the code & tags for R4 and html to work together alittle better, no drastic layout changes tho, im still getting used to frames. i want to be able to do it without them, but i know they have to be used otherwise the whole page would be refreshed every 10 seconds atleast, which would be laggy for both server & client, and quite annoying. but otherwise this works quite well, i think its more easy on the eyes.. as above please dont use this if you dont know what your doing, make backups and i do not take any responsibility if something bad happens or if something good happens.

anyone is welcome to comment, i would be interested if anyone has any advice or whats to challenge what im doing. :)

enjoy

p.s i have to mention, my main inspiration for this was a new album i just got by 'deviant species' called 'in the hands of the randomiser' . without it and cafine and coffee it would have never been done.

download:
im batman
stanna

Return to R4