[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - No Video Capture device was detected.

No Video Capture device was detected.

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

No Video Capture device was detected.

Postby Jay-0 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:00 pm

I'm becoming pretty obsessed now.

Using a DVCAM and it cant find the Fire Wire. I physical unplugged every USB and USB 2 ports. Removed my webcam drivers and webcam.

Avid finds my camera just fine.

Where should I start?

Does this error tell any one anything?
Thanks again!

I'm using FRAPS to capture video at times and its to slow or many weird glitches.

ANy one tell me a 3rd party capture software that works?
First though was take my desktop resolution all the way down to 600X800 for max power. No joy.

XP 3200,
ATI 9700 PRO
1 gig ram
dual 10,000 RPM Video Raid
Sony DVCAM PD-150
Fire Wire Port Capture device.
XP pro SP2

Cheers.
:roll:
Jay-0

Postby Rovastar » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:14 pm

First up it is the wrong forum. It will not get noticed here. (Btw Gordon if you give me mod access to this forum I'll move it myself)

I haven't used the camera stuff much although next week I am hopefully going to use it with a nightclub camera setup so I will play then and give you any pointers I find. ANd if it does work I'll make a few scenes with it. :)

The camera stuff I don't think has been too heavily testest for teh main reason there are hundreds of camera there and Gordon will not have access to them all. :) I don't know if it has been test on more than a few webcams tbh.

The fraps stuff will work but to record a 30fps it *will* slow down some as it has to dispaly teh graphics *and* record.. you graphics card is ok but a better card will no doubt get quicker framerates.

But try hypercam too see if that is any better.

reduce the buffer size down in R4 see what that give you.

Teh best way still to record R4 stuff is a standalone DVD recorder.
Rovastar

Postby MsFuture » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:52 pm

MsFuture

Return to R4