[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Vidcap and Cable

Vidcap and Cable

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Vidcap and Cable

Postby Splash » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:37 am

So I've been playing around with a new media computer I built and hooked to the house's home theater setup. I'm using an AthalonXP 1800+ with 512mb RAM and a 10GB HDD to act as a media player. I'm using a Chaintech Geforce FX 5200 that has SVID out and an old soundcard that is really only useful for it's S/PDIF out for audio.

Well I got bored and installed a BT848 vidcap card into the machine, and patched a second AV line from my cable box into the card. Well with some playing, R4 detected the card and plays from it beautifuly. I demonstrated this to my housemate by loading the Vidcap Fullscreen scene, locking it, then letting him watch TV through it.. He didn't notice anything was wrong untill I hit a transition. Quite amusing responce, and the effect was beautiful.. I'll try and get some photos of the setup in action later tonight, but all in all, it runs great!

I'm definately going to have to start working on some new vidcap scenes!

Edit: Okay I've uploaded some video I took with my digicam. It's really crappy video and is way too dark, but it at least gives an idea of how well this is working. Anyone with video editing software who wants to try and touch these up, feel free!

Anyway.. The videos:

- This is just flipping through the vidcap scenes themselves.

- This is using the video overlay with standard scenes playing underneath.

- This is a test of the 3D Text overlay.

I'll try and get real video later ;> Enjoy!
Splash

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:33 am

:) nice. Its good that it'll handle real TV in - a lot of people would be quite interested in that for TV in bars.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4 Custom Scenes