[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4 TUTORIAL

R4 TUTORIAL

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 TUTORIAL

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:38 pm

Jussi has just produced a really decent Tutorial about writing custom scenes for R4. You can get it here:

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:27 pm

high!

yes, this tutorial realy helps!
earlier i came across with flash's actionscript, and have more or less clear idea of programming, but new language is a new language! thank you!
i just want to ask you - more attention to R4's modules! especially to gl.. and all others!! :) and some more info about functions and code optimization.. please!! :)
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Jussi » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:44 am

Oops, sorry for not replying earlier, I just now noticed this announcement.

Yes, the GL module is a bit tricky and should be discussed more thoroughly. I will update the tutorial if I see people really reading it.
Currently, it is easiest to look at the scene files to see how GL is used. I have used GL in almost all of my scenes and have tried to add some comments as well. It might be a bit difficult though if your are not familiar with 3d graphics in general.

And when it comes to optimizing the performance, I don't think that's a problem in R4. The current processors offer more than enough computing power and the work for the GPU is already optimized by Rabidhamster when he wrote the modules. I've got fps below 50 only in extreme cases, like when having two WARP modules in the same scene with subDiv = 32.
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Return to R4 Custom Scenes