[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Some 'noob orientated' help for R4 is required!

Some 'noob orientated' help for R4 is required!

Help on what each R4 Module does, and an attempt to document them properly

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Some 'noob orientated' help for R4 is required!

Postby jackcoward » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:31 am

I am extremely impressed with R4, and should like to use it in a (charitable, non-profit, no-entrance fee) disco this coming saturday. I have already spent many hours reading posts in these forums in the hope that I can learn how best to use R4, but I am afraid that a lot of what is said in 'computer speak' goes over my head. I consider myself a proficient computer user but have not got into scripting and coding. Please could it be explained to me, in layman's terms, how to launch video clips to play in R4 using the web interface, how to download and add more vidcap scenes, and how to announce images using the web interface. If I recieve enough information I would be more than happy to write 'A noob's guide to R4' and post it on the messageboards; this could surely only boost the distribution and sale of this excellent software!
jackcoward

Postby andff » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:35 pm

high!
don't be afraid of 'computer speak'. it helps to understand each other :)
have you look at ?
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:26 am

Hi. sorry for the delay - I did get your e-mail but I haven't had a chance to answer it yet - so i'll do it here :)

All R4's scenes and announcements are just text files - stored in R4/data/predefine. To make a new scene you just create a new file (probably by copying an existing scene and changing the name and other text in it).

I don't think you can currently use videos in announcements (but I can't remember!) so you have to make a new announcement for it. For Announce video you'd be best off copying the 'announce image' file. I haven't personally tried this, but if you change the text 'TEXTURE' right up the top of the file to read VIDPLAY it may actually just work right away. You then just have to type in the video filename you want to play in the announce screen for it in the web interface.

As for vidcap scenes, you just find a scene that has been posted on this forum and copy it to a text file (with the .r4 extension) that you put in r4/data/predefine. There aren't many extra vidcap scenes around though. I know people have done quite a lot but I think they've been done by pro users who want to keep them to themselves :(

announce images is easy if you can use the web interface. Just put your image files in the r4/data/tex directory and the type in the image filename in the 'text' box you get for announce image,

hope that all helps,
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:45 am

announce videos woks already

see here
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby SpOOnmAn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:49 am

ah, but i use a different way to do this, i use "luminosity softcam" to play videos in a vidcap scene or overlay
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby andff » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 am

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby jackcoward » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Many thanks to you both for your help! I have got this working so far but is there any way to hear the sound from the video that you announce?
jackcoward

Postby jackcoward » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:55 pm

Forget that last post; I figured it out! (changed the sound value from =0 to =1) My first bit of coding; i'm so proud! Thanks once again!
jackcoward

Return to R4 Modules