[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - problems with radeon 9200se

problems with radeon 9200se

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

problems with radeon 9200se

Postby epos » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:47 pm

epos

Postby Rovastar » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:30 pm

Rovastar

well...

Postby epos » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:04 am

at first i tried to change the pbuffers-settings, because of that ATI-poll in this forum, but it does not matter if i turn them on or off - both settings seem to do exactly nothing. i also re-installed an older version of r4, but that also did not help (of course i did a clean uninstall before re-installing). it also does not matter, which scene is actually running or if it's running fullscreen or windowed :(

here is the screenshot i made:

maybe some hardware-information would help you:

- AMD Duron 1600 processor
- EPoX 8RDA3+ mainboard
- 512 MB Infineon DDR memory
- ATI Radeon 9200SE (128 MB)
epos

Postby Rovastar » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:01 pm

Ummh that is all messed up. I cannot think what it might be right now but if I come up with anything I'll let you know.
Rovastar

Postby KODer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:39 am

Heh..
And on my Radion9200se R4 looking is great (without "brown" problems).
And I don't change default configs.
Try download newest drivers from http://www.ati.com/
KODer

Postby KODer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:45 am

And try change settings of OpenGL to defaults (ATI Control Panel).
KODer

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:39 am

remember R4 requires a restart after you change the pbuffer settings. That may be responsible for the lack of change...
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby epos » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:57 pm

sorry but all it still does not work :(

i downloaded the latest drivers from the ati-website and i restarted my r4 about 50 times with every setting you can imagine. i also resetted my radeon-settings to default - but this doesn't work :(

hmmm... it's really making me sick because i wanted to register r4 to use it on our next techno-parties-series but now i have to keep on searching for another product.

sorry 4 wasting your time - seems like i'm the only one with this probs :(
epos

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:36 pm

thats a shame. It seems its probably ATI's dodgy drivers again. Still, if you go back to NVidia cards it'll almost certainly work.

One last thing you might want to look for is whether ATI drivers have some kind of 'colour correction' they perform that you can turn off. I know there is something that allows you to use shaders as after-effects in the drivers. Its quite possible that is the issue.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby epos » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:35 pm

:lol:

a phat sorry to you !!!

i found the ati-setting that changed the colour to brown - it's a smartshader-effect for opengl that is designed to make things look "classic" or something like that. i disabled the effects and r4 works fine again.

sorry again 4 wasting your time...

greetz,
epos

(i am going to register my version very soon to use it as animation on my parties - hope it is not too expensive for me)
epos

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:38 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems