Open GL Problem

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Open GL Problem

Postby Born Slippy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:40 pm

I had the same problem as someone earlier on in the forum. Error message - you are using software Open GL but R4 needs to have hardware drivers for Open GL blah blah blah. Struggled for hours but only an uninstall of R4 and re-install solved it.

Thinking about buying this for a club I work in if I can be sure this wont happen again or can explain the problem?
Born Slippy

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:19 am

That usually occurs because:
a) No proper drivers for your video card (or just a very cheap card)
b) Using Multi-monitor

R4 will usually work in multi-monitor, but it is possible that it got dragged onto a monitor served by a video card that doesn't have OpenGL drivers. In that case, you can just run 'Reset R4 Settings' to fix it. This will do the equivalent of a uninstall/reinstall.

If you don't touch the R4 window, or always run R4 fullscreen, and you don't touch your video card settings, I can be quite confident it'll continue to work. I could be far more confident if you have an NVidia card (mainly because the drivers seem way better and more stable).

hope that helps,
- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Open GL Problems

Postby Born Slippy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:31 pm

Thank you Gordon,

Im actually using a Nvidia GeForce 4 with 128mb on board memory, dragging R4 across to my TV on second outout, just confusing as it was workin fine and then simply stoped after a restart.

The reset R4 settings will mean I lose all the branding I have worked on, and dragging them back into the same folder after reinstall doesn't seem to work? Bit of a pain!

However - all seems well during second installation.

Just about to give demo to club manager to see if I can squeeze the £200 out of him! Wish me luck!!!!
Born Slippy

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems