[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - How do I run r4 to different monitor?

How do I run r4 to different monitor?

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

How do I run r4 to different monitor?

Postby Bigboogey » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Is it possible to export R4 images up on one monitor, while not seeing it on the host computer's monitor?
Sorry if I'm not making sense.
I DJ with a laptop and want to simultaneously run R4 on the same laptop and project it on a wall. I only want R4 to be seen on the projected image, not my DJ program or the R4 remote control page. How can I do this or can this even be done on a single computer? I've tried adjusting Monitor 1, Monitor 2, etc in screen settings, can't figure it out. I'm using a standard serial/monitor cable out from my laptop.

Any help would be great...thanks guys!
Bigboogey

Postby Narei » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:05 am

First thing to do is make sure you set up the two monitors independently (not as a clone of your desktop). The way I can tell if this is done correctly is I'll see the same background on the projecter screen, but none of the desktop icons will be shown. Usually this is done via right clicking the desktop>properties>settings>advanced>*screen seetings should be in here* You can also use the monitor identifier if you have the option back in the settings menu, and it'll flash a "1" on your laptop and "2" on the secondary. If it's cloned, then both will say "1" and means it didn't setup properly for our use.

With the projector hooked up and running, open R4. If you last used it in windowed mode, it'll show on your laptop screen. If it was last used in full screen mode, it may show the tab on the task bar but not show the animations anywhere on the laptop. If that's the case, press F1 to get it back to windowed so you see it. In R4, go to menu>settings>screen settings. Move to the monitor selections and set it how you want. Since you ONLY want it on the projector (identified as monitor 2 from the desktop settings window), change the R4 monitor settings to monitor 2 as well. This only effects full screen functioning from what I can tell, so you'll see it on the laptop in windowed mode. After you do this, you'll need to exit and restart R4. It should open back up in windowed mode since that's what you were last in. Press F1 to toggle full screen on, and it should re-load onto the projector and you'll be good to go and have a free laptop screen to run the remote control for it.

You can leave it set to only monitor 2 at all times, even if it's not hooked up. But if there isn't another monitor present, then 2 things may happen if you try to open or run it in full screen. It will either load off screen and you'll no longer see it (like outputting to a non-existant projector), or it'll load up in a corner of your laptop with no windowing around it. If you need full screen back on your laptop, you'll need to change the screen settings to DEFAULT, monitor 1, or all monitors. The latter would display full screen on both the laptop and any other video output that's conected. Not something you'd want for a live performance IMHO. And any time you change the monitor setting, you need to fully exit and restart R4 for the change to take effect.

Hope that get's you up and running. 8)

EDIT: Since you'll be running other programs on the same laptop at the same time, I suggest you test it out before a live show. I'm not too familiar with how a DJ program would want to use multiple monitors, if at all, but don't want to risk firing everything up and then have everyone see your program on the projection.
Narei

Postby Bigboogey » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks so much...running it as extended descktop, works great!
Bigboogey

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems