[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Could someone explain this problem?

Could someone explain this problem?

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Could someone explain this problem?

Postby Quel » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:35 am

I just can't figure it out =(
thanks in advance
Quel

I know just what you mean.

Postby Pico » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:51 am

That's happened to me ever since I installed Direct X 9c.

Sometimes (and only sometimes) R4 will freeze for about 10 sec, then when it starts back up, some of the scenes will have them black dots.

I never understood what those dots represent untill it did that while I was watching R4 high.

It seems that the black dots are the drawn wire-frame portion of whatever model R4 is showing, but but the portion that is behind (or shadowed) by the part of the model that is actualy rendered.

Think of it this way. If you have a wireframe model, there are parts that, if you were looking at it totaly rendered, there would be polygons that you dont' see because they are behind parts of the model that that you do see i.e. polygons behind other polygons; the back.

The black dots might just be points where polygons intersect, vertecies if you will, but I'm 90% sure that they are the back side of the model that you should't see being drawn in wireframe.
PiCo posts on R4
Pico

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Strange... Not sure what I can do about that. Its quite an interesting problem though ;) Do the dots stay in the same place all the time?

Its a bit hard to tell, but it looks like the dots only occur in rendered textures - so scenes that don't use any information from the previous scene (like some tunnels, the space harrier, rain, cube-based stuff) should be fine but others that do (anything thats blurred or repeats a lot - like metafire) should have the dots. Let me know if thats right.

Another way to tell is to turn on an overlay that uses textures - like overlay Mirror, and see if that has dots.

And do other scenes have the same problem?

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Pico » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:11 am

PiCo posts on R4
Pico

Postby Quel » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:02 pm

Quel

Postby Rovastar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:31 am

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:16 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Quel » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:26 pm

Quel

a similar problem

Postby scoops » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:18 pm

I am having a similar problem on my GeForce FX5900

I notice that the lower my pbuffer width/height are set to, the less severe the problem.
scoops

Postby Rovastar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:47 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Pico » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:56 pm

PiCo posts on R4
Pico

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:42 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin