[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Dive into Infinity (New Scene!)

Dive into Infinity (New Scene!)

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Dive into Infinity (New Scene!)

Postby Jussi » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Here's two versions of a scene I've been working on lately. It uses some waveforms accompanied with a reflecting water surface. You can find the archive file Extract it to the R4 root directory. Any feedback is warmly welcome!

I am so fascinated by the possibilities R4 offers for traditional 2D and waveform scenes that I hardly have used any 3D features in my scenes so far.

RabidHamster, still ill and/or busy? My advise - Aphex Twin, Triple Infinity and a big fat joint will cure any disease on this planet.

By the way, Rovastar, I found your Fractopia scenes from the MD forum and they are soooooooo fine! I should back-engineer them sometime to rip your ass-kicking brillianity.
Jussi

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:31 am

Hi. I'll check it out when I get home. Still busy - I've checked out the tutorial though, and I just have a few minor changes to put in then i'll stick it online.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:30 pm

I'll check these later. Cannot atm.

I have been working on a few scenes of my own I have about 15-20 now stored up.

The tutorial seems pretty good.

Although you can do a lot without touching any/little opengl (I have not used all taht much openGL on my scenes so far). Something like the map module can produce Gforce/MilkDrop/Geiss like scenes. Although with it only has a mesh of 32x24 so you cannot get too much detail. Maybe peopel fimilar with that method might benifit if I add a page or two on it.

The fractopia MD scenes I did try them many months ago to port to R4 but I could not get them right. Getting those fractals exact is a pain as Milkdrop, gfoirce and r4 all have different measurements for the maps. I might try and later and have another go.

Glad to see you are having a go at scene writing. :) I look frward to some interesting and fun stuff from you.:)
Rovastar

Postby andff » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:11 pm

high!

Jussi, there is no any joint in archive.. :shock:
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Jussi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:39 pm

Yeah, I'm out of weed atm, so unfortunately you have to fix that part yourself :wink:
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby Jussi » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:11 pm

Oh and about the tutorial, I'll consider updating if someone really reads it. I do have a short list of things to add/update already. There are also some rather tricky things with the gl module that I believe can cause lots of headache for people with no experience on 3d programming.

But as long as I, Rovastar and RabidHamster are the only readers, it is unnecessary to put more effort on the tutorial.
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby Rovastar » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Rovastar

Postby andff » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:37 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4 Custom Scenes