[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Video from a Winamp playlist....

Video from a Winamp playlist....

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Video from a Winamp playlist....

Postby smurfeater » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:07 pm

smurfeater

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:49 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby smurfeater » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:18 pm

After much fussing around with Winamp and R4, I believe that I have come up with an elegant solution to what I hope will no longer be a problem. Follow the instructions below. Please reply if you encounter any problems.

Software Requirements:
-
-
-
-

Instructions:
1. Install and configure the above software and plugins following the instructions on each site...if you haven't aready. The Auto Video Fullscreen v1.09 is simply a *.dll, it must be placed in the Plugins folder of your Winamp installation folder.
2. Next step is to configure the way Winamp plays videos. Start Winamp and navigate to Options --> Preferences and select Video under General Preferences. On the right hand side under the Fullscreen Video Playback section check that Remove fullscreen on stop is checked and that Enable OnScreen Display when in fullscreen mode is unchecked.
3. Restart Winamp and create a playlist that contains audio and videos. Start a media file playing and get R4 running. Ensure that R4 is in fullscreen mode, and wait until it finishes loading.
4. Now as Winamp makes its way through your mixed media playlist videos should start up in fullscreen mode and close when finished. In essence what is happening is that the fullscreen video will play on top of R4 covering the visuals in the background. When the video stops and closes it simply reveals the running session of R4 in the background.

Notes of Interest:
The PC I am running this setup on is an 800 PIII, 768MB Ram, and GeForce 4 with a 21" Sony Trinitron set at 1600x1200. I seem to be getting great performance despite the systems age...but I do run a pretty clean ship. I limit the FPS to 50 and on a few scenes I will get down to 35 or so...it is still smooth with no jerkiness. Anyway...anything that's better than that shouldn't have any problems.
WAWI is a web interface plugin for controlling Winamp. So far it is really the only one that I have tried and tested...there maybe better? Anyway I got very excited when I started controlling R4 and Winamp from my wireless laptop...wireless PDA is next. It was exactly the solution I was looking for.
IF THIS TOPIC HELPED YOU OUT LET ME KNOW...SPREAD THE WORD THAT THERE IS NOW A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM!!!!
smurfeater

Postby Rovastar » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:46 pm

I didn't realise DrO had released a seperate version of teh Full screen video/vis plugin. I tested the beta for him I thought it was/is to be bundgled with Winamp in the future.
Rovastar

Return to R4 Custom Scenes