[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - New plasma scenes!

New plasma scenes!

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

New plasma scenes!

Postby Jussi » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:01 am

I've made a few plasma scenes that use a technique with one or two WARP modules and texture tiling. The scenes are based on Rovastar's plasma scenes he sent me some time ago, and they again use code from Rabidhamster's plasmas.

The plasma scenes can be found in one package here:

The plasma scenes, a new version of the triple infinity scene and some (experimental) overlays can be found here:

Just extract the archive to your R4 installation directory.

Any comments and feedback concerning my scenes is warmly welcome. Especially if you think something sucks in my scenes, please let me know.
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby andff » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:36 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Jussi » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 am

So I assume you liked them :lol:

The plasma scenes are the result of a development process that started from remixing Rovastars (yet unpublished) plasma scenes that used warps and a texture. I ended up developing a method to generate the texture in realtime with GL.

After some less successful experimenting I realised the texture in the multi-plasma scenes is easiest to define as a function
[H, L, S] = f(x,y)
I also made a HLS to RGB transform function. I was actually surprised how easy it was to create beautiful colors with this method.

You can try it out by modifying the HLS functions in the texVertex function. To see what the generated texture looks like, uncomment the command BUFSAVE bs(tex) in the header section.
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby Rovastar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:11 pm

Rovastar

Return to R4 Custom Scenes