[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Announcements and overlay key shortcuts?!

Announcements and overlay key shortcuts?!

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Announcements and overlay key shortcuts?!

Postby flatline » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:23 am

Hi everyone.

At first you have to exuse my English, i know it sucks, but i hope some one can understand my questions!!! (im from Sweden :)

Im a totaly new to this program, and i hope some one can spare some time to help me with a couple of questions!!

First is the announdements, i did read the "readme file" and find out that i could do a script for announcements and pictures so i just have to type a number to view it, it says "Then you can type the number and press the tab key to display the announcement"
Where i'm i suposed to type this number?! in the console or where?! tryed every where and nothing happend!? and i have created a script as the exemle file!!

Then i also wounder if there is a simple way to adress keys to overlays, instead of useing the web remote and use the mouse!!
Tried use the R4 options/settings/keys/assign keys, but when i chose letter to adress to i don't know how to chose overlay!!!
It's probebly simpler to write a text file or something...

And how do you know when "numpad/Tab Scripts" is enabled? when i chose it it doesn't change to "disable numpad/tab scripts" or show on or off
in some way...
I don't know but that could be the problem for me why i can't get the script working!!

This is probebly totaly stuped questions that have there answers in some readme file, but as i said my english is terrible, so i have probebly missed it.

I would be wery glad i some one could take there time to help me :)

Thanks

// Robert
flatline

Postby GioGio » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:46 am

it's correct, that you don't see, if the "numpad/Tab Scripts" is enabled.
to display your announcement try this: e.g. your filename is: "123.r4script" in the "data"-folder, start R4 an just type "1", "2", "3", "Tab"
and the announcement should appear. (You don't have to type it in the console)

It is possible to assign keys to overlays:
add the overlay, you want to assign a key to. Then go to "settings"-->"keys"-->"assign a key"-->select wat you want...-->"Use current overlay"
exit the menu an give it a try...;)

(sorry for my english, too. I'm from Switzerland :) )
GioGio

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:52 am

Both of your english is fine :)

Thanks for answering GioGio - I think that pretty much sums it all up. You can add single keys to call scripts (so can do announcements) but I can't quite remember at the moment (if someone really wants it ask me and i'll find out) - I think the numpad thing works well enough though.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby flatline » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:27 am

Thanks for the fast answers,
Haven't tried it yet but i can get it to work :)

got one more question:) is it possible to use the announcement/ picture scripts when u use the web remothe?!

Thanks again
// Robert
flatline

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:58 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby flatline » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:30 am

flatline

Return to R4 Custom Scenes