[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 46 scenes, some good, some not, decide yourself

46 scenes, some good, some not, decide yourself

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

46 scenes, some good, some not, decide yourself

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:57 pm

after uploading my first scene earlyer that day i decided to do so with most of my work, from the first steps with brander, over modifications, up to my first completely own scenes hope you enjoy them.

i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby Rovastar » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:06 pm

Cannot run them atm but I look forward to them. :)
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:47 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Jussi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:30 am

A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby SpOOnmAn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:29 pm

SpOOnmAn

Postby Jussi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am

A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:26 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:05 pm

I still haven't run these yet....aarrrragh. Looking at the code many of them seem to be the same scenes with different textures applied. Have a look at the Blend function in shader configuration

strcpy(cf.shader[0],"B10;D;T0;");

Try experimenting with different values for the "Bxx" like Bac, Bcc, BAa. Just changing the fader alone can create some interesting effects.

Playing with the sahder fuction in general will create a lot of interesting effects.

I noticed too that there are some images/textures in there that you obviously did not create yourself (the retro dancing baby, etc) that is fine but are there any of your own in there? Just thinking of my cautious side as including copyrighted footage without permission in the distrubtion of R4 could cause problems further down the line.
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:18 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:44 pm

Finally run them (Well sort of....on the lowest PC spec ever to run R4 no doubt. AT work on teh years old Dell 800Mhz with an on board 4MB (yes *Four* MB) Intel 82810-DC100 in 16bit colour. On a PC with no sound card. If you have a worse spec let me know!!!!).

Nice use of the textures. ANd some interesting ideas you have been expolring. I look forward to more in the future. :)
Rovastar

Postby SpOOnmAn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 pm

thanx for your comments and hints, i managed to correct the immage size issue in the new scene, and the dancinggirl overlay i uploaded tonight (see next thread)

rova, is there any documentation about shader commands? or just a list of what is possible?
SpOOnmAn

Postby Rovastar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:08 pm

And the OpenGL documentation has a more in-depth discussion since a lot of the shader commands refer to openGL commands that are called:

B - glBlendFunc

G - glTexGen

and the parameters for them should be sortof described. However most of the common combinations of commands are described in the references RovaStar gave above.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4 Custom Scenes