[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Shader Problem again

Shader Problem again

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Shader Problem again

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:24 pm

i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby Rovastar » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:51 pm

Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:01 pm

Oh to fix the problem you need to add PSO as well I think

from strncpy(t.shader,"T0;GSO;GTO;B10;D;PTO1.0,0.0,0.0;",256);

to

strncpy(t.shader,"T0;GSO;GTO;B10;D;PTO1.0,0.0,0.0;PSO1.0,0,0;",256);

But I do not know how 1.0 will look though PTO/PSo 1,0,0 will look though. Maybe try reducing it for example in the Monkey scene you have

strncpy(tn.shader[0],"D;T0;B10;GSO;GTO;PSO0.0005,0,0;PTO0,0.0005,0;",256);

PSO/PTO (0.0005,0,0) so play with the values until you get something that is right for you.
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:26 pm

The PSO/PTO are two directions in which texture is applied - one for the texture's X, one for the texture's y. By Changing the values, you can change the repetition of the texture, and by making them odd directions you might get the texture to fit better.

Your other option now is to use milkShape to add texture coords, then export to 3DS binary, and use the new model functions to load it and display it. The obvious scene to try then is 'raining shrooms'
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:19 am

so if i place texture coordinates, i can also have different textures, one for the hat, and one for the stick?

rova, the model is in the zip archive i psted, includeing the whole scene, with tex and all, but it is atm a little lets say rudimentary, i will polish it up when the scene runns well. i am also not that familiar to ms3d atm, but that cant be the problem, i will get this running well because i get everything running that i want to if i have enough time. and the more problems i have the more i learn...
SpOOnmAn

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:36 am

SpOOnmAn

Return to R4 Custom Scenes